Fix ‘Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware’ now!
Here you will find out:
- how to deal with 'the application has been blocked from using graphics hardware' error
- how DiskInternals Partition Recovery can help you
Are you ready? Let's read!
It so happens that if the system data of your video card is damaged, a message may appear on the monitor screen: application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.
However, there is a system data checker on your operating system. SFC helps you scan and fix errors in system files. Open SFC scan on your Windows 10 operating system:
- 1. Click on the Win + X hotkeys and log into the command line as an administrator.
- 2. Type DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth and click Enter.
- 3. Now, type sfc / scannow and click Run. An SFC scan will take place, which will take you about half an hour. If the above method helped you fix corrupted system files, restart the OS.
Another reason the application was blocked from accessing graphics hardware messages is corrupted or mismatched graphics card drivers. Sometimes this happens after updating the Windows 10 patch. This is primarily due to the incorrect setting of the video card driver parameters after the OS update. The easiest way to get rid of the application blocked from accessing graphics hardware error is to simply reinstall the driver. To do this, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Hold down the Windows key + X key combination on the keyboard, and find the Device Manager.
- Select Display adapters and expand this subsection.
- Right-click on your video card and click on Uninstall device.
- In a new window, select the "Remove driver software for this device" option and confirm your choice. Now, you just have to click on the Scan button to search for an uninstalled video card and update its driver.
Delete recent OS updates
During the regular update of the Windows 10 operating system, it may happen that the new OS patch does not configure the video card driver, and the "program has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" error appears. To do this, you need to restore the system to the last restore point since such errors will be canceled. As a result, you will get the previous Windows version before the error appears in the system files.
- Press the key combination Win + R. The Run line will open.
- Type the command "rstrui" and press Enter.
- The System Restore window will open, then click Next.
- Here, you need to find the "Show more recovery" section. Your attention will be provided with a list of restore points.
- Select the previous Windows 10 restore point and click Next, then Finish. You need to know that computer users do not have the ability to go to a previous version of the OS using system restore. However, you can temporarily roll back to a previous version of the operating system in the Settings options. You only have ten days to roll back the latest version of Windows 10 after the update is released. To do this, click on "Type here to search" on the taskbar menu. Now, you need to enter the update into the search bar and click on Recovery options. The Settings menu will open. The window will say, "Return to the previous version of Windows 10." Click Start.
Work with Registry
You can get rid of the "application blocked from accessing graphics hardware" message by increasing the Timeout Detection and Recovery time, or TDR for short. Any user can extend the TDR time to 8 seconds. This can be done using the Registry. Open the search box in the Cortana menu and type regedit there. Hover over regedit, right-click and open as administrator. Search for the command:
ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlGraphicsDrivers or ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet002ControlGraphicsDrivers.
In the window on the left, find the Graphics Drivers key and click on it. Right-click in an empty area and set the value to QWORD (64-bit) on the right side of the window. If you have a 32-bit OS platform, select DWORD (32-bit) accordingly. For a DWORD or QWORD title, type TdrDelay. Now, double-click on TdrDelay and, in the new window, enter 8 in the Value field provided for this. Confirm your apologies by pressing Enter. Restart the device. Using the above commands, you can open games that previously had the "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware Windows 10" window.
Regardless of why your documents, videos, or pictures are lost or damaged, you need a powerful and effective recovery software
This can be data loss due to mechanical damage to external or internal data storage, due to power outages, damage by malware and viruses, and accidental deletion from the file system. You should definitely keep this in mind to prevent future data loss. For modern recovery software, the reason for the data loss is not important.
Such programs include DiskInternals Partition Recovery - one of the best on the market. First of all, after deleting the data, you need to know that they are still present on the disk for some time, but they cannot be read. Therefore, in no case should you copy or create new files in this directory. All this will overwrite the logical disk, and your valuable data will be deleted irrevocably.
It's time to apply DiskInternals Partition Recovery for high-quality and fast data recovery. Download and run the software. This will automatically launch the Recovery Wizard - your trusted instructor at all stages of recovery. Thanks to the recovery wizard, each step will be described, and you will not need additional instructions.
DiskInternals Partition Recovery has three integrated wizards - Partition Recovery Wizard, NTFS Recovery Wizard, and FAT Recovery Wizard. The main advantages of DiskInternals Partition Recovery are:
- A fast recovery.
- Recovery of partitions with different file systems.
- The ability to read unsupported file system partitions.
After completing the scanning process of the section you have selected, even when using the demo version, you have the opportunity to preview the recovered data for free. Finally, after purchasing the license key, select a third-party storage medium location and save the data.