CF card recovery - all that you wanted to know
This article is fully dedicated to compact flash recovery. Here you will find out:
- What is CF card
- What are the main reasons for CF card corrupt
- 3 the most important advice for CF card recovery
- The best compact flash card recovery software
Are you ready? Let's read!
Compact flash card info
CF cards (Compact Flash cards) are portable devices for storing information on digital cameras, music players, camcorders, etc. They were invented in 1994, but have not lost their popularity at the present time because of their high efficiency and simplicity. However, CF cards are subject to data loss.
In this case, CF card recovery is the only thing to do. But how exactly do you do CF card recovery? How do you choose the best Compact Flash card recovery software? Let’s find out.
What can lead to CF card corruption and file loss
Check your memory card for physical damage. If any damage is found, then most likely the only way CF card data recovery is possible is in a lab of a recovery center. If there is no mechanical damage, that is good news: you are dealing with a logical error, which you can most likely fix yourself.
Reasons for basic logical errors include:
- Virus or worm damage
- CF card is used on different devices or on PCs with different operating systems
- Incorrect removal of the CF drive; for example, extraction during recording, deletion, copying, etc.
- File system corruption
3 important tips for CF card recovery
1. As soon as you notice that the CF card is damaged or does not work correctly, stop using it immediately. Do not write any new data. This can and most likely will lead to data rewriting and all information will be lost forever.
2. If your PC does not detect the CF card or does not display the drive letter on My Computer/This PC, try using an external CF card reader. This will help if your computer is not equipped with a card reader.
3. If you see, when connecting a CF card to a computer, a message stating that the card needs formatting, do not rush to do it. This is a standard message from Windows that should be ignored if you need your files. This is because, after formatting, CF card recovery will be much harder.
Now that you have been warned about the negative consequences of certain actions, it's time to start compact flash card recovery.
CF card data recovery software
On the Internet, there is a huge amount of CF card recovery software tool. An ordinary user may well become confused in this abundance and, under the influence of advertising, choose a not quite suitable option. DiskInternals Uneraser, however, does not require much praise. It has been running for over then 15 years and during this time has gained the trust of users. It is undoubtedly an excellent choice for compact flash card recovery.
As the best CF card recovery software tool, DiskInternals Uneraser supports all file systems: NTFS, NTFS 4, NTFS5, FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, VFAT, etc. You can use the trial version to make sure that all your data can be recovered correctly. DiskInternals Uneraser recovers damaged documents, photos, videos, music, etc. from CF cards as well.
The best compact flash card recovery software (DiskInternals Uneraser) has a built-in wizard, so even if you are not technically savvy, you have nothing to worry about. The recovery wizard will help you with the all steps of CF card recovery. But if you want to perform the recovery all by yourself, you can skip the wizard and do the recovery in manual mode.
The free preview feature will give you a chance to appreciate the result before you purchasing a license.
Compact flash card recovery using this software is not time-consuming; you can get access to all your data without leaving home.
How to use the best CF card recovery software
Here are detailed instructions on how to use software for corrupted CF card recovery.
Step 1. Insert the damaged CF card into the computer slot.
Step 2. Download and install DiskInternals Uneraser.
The wizard will automatically start and prompt you to select the type of files you want to restore.
Step 3. Scan the damaged CF card. Wait; it will take some time.
Step 4. Preview and restore. View the found files by right-clicking on a specific document and selecting “View in a new window”. Next, select the files you need to restore and click the Recovery button.
Step 5. Saving data. For this action, you need to purchase a license and a license key for DiskInternals Uneraser. Save recovered photos, videos, and other valuable documents in a safe place other than the original.
Now that the data has been restored, you can easily format the damaged CF card.